The UK Open Credit Network is a new type of organisation, built on trust.
In our startup phase we’re operating as an unincorporated cooperative association, governed by the Core Members. During future phases we will seek incorporation, widen our governance to include active trading members, and update our Membership Agreement accordingly.
We are proud to have the input and encouragement of some of the most experienced people in the alternative finance sector on our advisory group including:
- Thomas Greco of Beyond Money and author of several books on Mutual Credit including The End Of Money And The Future Of Civilisation
- Vivian Woodell, ex CEO of The Phone Co-op and now Director of the Phone Co-op Foundation for Co-op Innovation
- Matthew Slater of the Credit Commons Collective, who has developed several versions of mutual credit software
- Pat Conaty, a Senior Research Fellow from NEF and Co-operatives UK
- David Clarke, Positive Money
- Duncan McCann, NEF
- Chris Cook, Senior Research Fellow, UCL
- Gary Alexander, Ex Open University
- Les Moore, Open Money UK
- Hugh Barnard, Computing for social change
- Trevor Hilder, Web Of Wealth
We also have the support of the Finance Innovation Lab, having been accepted onto their Fellowship programme.
If you or your organisation are interested in partnering with us on this project please get in touch.